She was up and about for a while.
And, the most important stuff. I’m tasked with organizing all the paperwork for Trav’s mom. She’s not doing well so it’s a good thing we’ve made so much progress in a short amount of time.
I ordered them months ago from Shane Turner Art. He had a sale on them a while back and I just couldn’t resist. I love his stuff!
The temperature was perfect but the sky was the same color as the balls and made it hard to see. We each had a few really nice shots – the kind that go “tink!” and feel just right & easy.
I was looking for Hubble pictures today and came across some neat stuff about it. These images from the Hubble telescope are amazing, especially the nebulas. Some neat facts about this solar-powered bus-sized device:
- In order to take images of distant, faint objects, Hubble must be extremely steady and accurate. The telescope is able to lock onto a target without deviating more than 7/1000th of an arcsecond, or about the width of a human hair seen at a distance of 1 mile.
- Hubble has no thrusters. To change pointing angles, it uses Newton’s third law by spinning its wheels in the opposite direction. It turns at about the speed of a minute hand on a clock, taking 15 minutes to turn 90 degrees.
- Hubble has the pointing accuracy of .007 arc seconds, which is like being able to shine a laser beam on a dime 200 miles away.
- Outside the haze of our atmosphere, Hubble can see astronomical objects with an angular size of 0.05 arc seconds, which is like seeing a pair of fireflies in Tokyo from your home in Maryland.
- Hubble has peered back into the very distant past, to locations more than 13.4 billion light years from Earth.
The enormity is almost incomprehensible… makes me feel so small.
Love it when that happens!
We had fun, too. It was nice to catch up with our friends. It was the first time since the middle of December.
She’s still adjusting to being alone, I think.
Everybody is always so nice, and they keep their stores clean and well stocked. It must be a good place to work, too, because we’ve known some people at our store that have been there since we can remember.
So far so good – I started a batch of sauerkraut and made my wrist less hurty – something released in there when I was scooping the litter box. It’s weird how the calendar can make things feel like a new start.
We had a client here in our office today, and wanted to get pizza for lunch. Trav told us there was a special for two medium two topping pizzas – what would we like? Well, we must have missed the two topping part because as he was naming off veggies, we kept saying, “Yes, yes, yes! Sounds good. Yes!” And by the time we were done loading up our pizza, it was no longer the special and our one pizza cost more than the two mediums. Oops! It was delicious, though!!
My wrist still hurts a bit and is rather stiff, but I got some exercises to help with those things.
Trav is such a good husband – he shares everything with me! Including his illness hahah.
Facebook has this thing where you can ask for a donation in honor of your birthday.
He’s been sick the last couple of days… staying in bed sleeping. Even though he’s just in the other room, I miss him! Happy to have him back.